Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yatta!

Several months ago I was invited to contribute to Udon's Street Fighter Tribute book, an enormous collection of original illustrations celebrating the 20th anniversary of Capcom's revolutionary fighting game. Time was short and so I did a simple picture of Cammy:



After submitting my piece I managed to get an advance peek at a digital copy of the book, and was really struck by the outrageously high quality of the work inside. I suddenly felt like my illustration was a little bland and uninspired and so, with less than a day before the final book had to be delivered to Capcom for approval, I yanked my Cammy (NO JOKES PLEASE) and came up with this instead:



I'm still not sure if it's better than the original piece but here they both are for you to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment