Friday, January 8, 2010

Girl Fridays

This is actually a commission piece, I got an email from someone asking for a portrait. Since I'm always happy to draw cute girls I managed to do this late last night before going home:



I'm quite happy with the inking on this one - I am trying to make a change in my drawing where I am looser with my inking on pieces like this, trying to bring the roughness of my inking on Sin Titulo (returning soon!) to all of my work. I inked this very fast and instead of controlled smooth curves (compare with the New Year's illustration below) I tried to ink with short, sharp scratchy flicks of the wrist. I'm pleased with some of the irregular line weights here, like the curve around the top of the head. I'm making it my New Year's resolution to draw like this a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment