Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Trails



The news has probably broken by now that I am sadly no longer involved with The Return of Bruce Wayne series. Unfortunately, several weeks back I was forced to make the difficult decision to leave the book. It was a decision that I struggled with, but sadly conditions were such that I felt that my work would be drastically compromised and subpar should I stay on board, and so I felt that it was best that I walked away. I'd like to extend big thanks to my editors for trying to do whatever they could to make it possible for me to stay, but in the end it just wasn't happening. At the time I left, nothing had yet been produced for my issue other than the cover, so there will be a new artist for its entirety, and there's literally nothing for me to post here other than the doodle above. I'd like to apologize to the readers and retailers who may have been influenced to purchase the book based on my involvement, hopefully you will still be happy with my replacement.

I'm not going to answer any questions about the specifics of this, as I don't feel the details are interesting or relevant to anyone who isn't directly involved with the production. Suffice to say that the parting was amicable, and all is well. I'm of course very disappointed not to do it but these things happen.

However, to take the sting away, I do have a couple of secret irons in the fire, including an upcoming new comic series based on an immensely popular property. It's doubly exciting because I will be writing as well as drawing, partnered with my friend and studiomate Karl Kerschl. Work is already underway and we're really excited and energized by it - hopefully you will be too when it's announced at this year's San Diego Comic Con.

Thanks everyone, and my apologies once again. Feel free to repost this wherever it might be relevant.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment