Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Adventure Ahoy

It was recently officially announced at the New York Comic Con that after 4 years of dwelling in Limbo, Seaguy by Grant Morrison and myself is finally returning. Seaguy was always intended to be a trilogy of books but unfortunately the first volume, The Wasps of Atlantis, underperformed and the remaining volumes were cancelled, leaving many readers understandably puzzled at the conclusion of the book. Despite the apparent low sales of the first volume, Seaguy fans appear to be everywhere, as it's always one of the most common books people bring for me to sign at conventions, and to this day I'm frequently asked about the other books in the series.

Finally, the wait is over and Vertigo has given the green light for the complete trilogy to be created. Slaves of Mickey Eye and Seaguy Eternal are to be published back to back in 2009. I have the first script and have begun preliminary work. Unfortunately I cannot reveal any plot details here, (but you wouldn't want that anyway, would you?), but I will be posting some of my costume sketches (most characters will be receiving makeovers) and other assorted drawings pertaining to the series, leading up to its release.

First up, Seaguy and his unpleasant replacement sidekick/familiar, Lucky El Loro.

No comments:

Post a Comment