Thursday, June 26, 2008

San Diego Sketches

Despite being one of the most popular reasons for people to attend comic conventions, I generally don't enjoy sketching at shows. I'm enormously flattered and grateful that people are interested in having me draw for them but the atmosphere at a show is all wrong for me to feel comfortable drawing - I'm not in my familiar environment, with the lighting and desk and chair and music that I'm used to, and talking to people while drawing often interrupts the flow of creation. The end results are usually drawings which I'm not entirely proud of.

At this year's San Diego show I've made the decision to not do any commission drawings (save for quick sketches on the inside of purchased books), but from now until the show I will be doing as many drawings as I can manage, in the comfort of my own studio. I'll be selling these in place of doing commissions on the spot.

Here's three I did this evening:



No comments:

Post a Comment