Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Batman & Robin #7 - Layouts

Hey everyone, here's a few pages of my rough layout drawings from issue 7 of Batman & Robin. As I've shown in previous posts, I draw these digitally using a Wacom Cintiq tablet and Manga Studio, then print them out in blue on the artboard and then draw the finals directly in ink. These are actually some of the tighter layouts, as the deadline looms (and I start to hit my stride) they get very sketchy indeed.




(The Squire has a different bike here, it wasn't until after I'd sketched these out that Grant decided it was to have the horse's head on the front.)




(Note some of the differences between the layouts and the final printed artwork in the traffic scene. This was my first attempt at it, and I did some revisions to punch it up for the final.)





Stay tuned, I'll be posting more soon, and some black-and-white final pages also!

No comments:

Post a Comment